22 November 2014

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Title: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author: John Green
Pages: 308
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Book Description:
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.

Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both of them legions of faithful fans.






My Opinion: 
Another fabulous novel from John Green. It was humorous and lighthearted and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

After reading The Fault in out Stars and Looking for Alaska, I was expecting this to be another amazing but sad novel. This was not the case! Will Grayson X2 was funny and relatable and showed the life of teenagers clearly and accurately. The novel was filled with passionate and true quotes and I was very sad to finish it.

My favourite part had the be the ending. It was so caring and I felt like everything added up. I liked the second Will Grayson the best just because I could relate to him more and I see myself in him a lot! Tiny was another really lovely character and I felt them come alive in the pages (wow how cheesy...)

The only thing I didn't like, was the grammar for the second Will Grayson. There were no capital letters (it was meant to be that way!) and I understand it defined the two Will's but that is just something that gets on my nerves a lot. There was nothing wrong with the plot or the characters, they were all really well written, it was just the punctuation hahaa :)

Altogether this was another amazing book by one of my favourite authors. He never fails to let me down :) I would recommend this is anyone, whatever age, because it puts you in the mind of boys which is funny (if you'e a girl) and shows the true struggle and happiness of teenagers. Anyone can relate to this.
The last book I have to read by him is an Abundance of Katherine's so I'll definitely be picking that up soon.


Favourite Quotes: 

why is it upset? shouldn't it be downset?

~~~~

His problems are so huge that your can hide behind them

~~~~

i am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.

~~~~

Some people have lives. Some people have music.
And some people have neither

~~~~

If you don't say the honest thing, it never becomes true



 Rating ★ 
 4 out of 5 stars 

 Next book I'm going to review:
Perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this story! I agree, I definitely liked the second Will Grayson better. Tiny is still one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. He kept it real, and I loved his relationship with Will. Not to mention how freaking funny he was. I actually felt a bit weird about the ending. I think I was hoping for something more . . . grand maybe? The way there were planning it, I thought it was going to be over the top or something lol. I still thought it was a cute gesture. Glad to see your posts girl! & get your butt back on KIK. Blessie and I miss you and Mallory :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Tiny was awesome! He was just so down to earth and genuine. I know how you feel about the ending, I think it was built up to be something huge but I really wasn't expecting the surprise so I liked it in that sense. It was so cute and it just shows how people can actually do something kind for someone they've never met/for love. Thanks Tika, it's been too long since I posted a review!

      Delete
  2. Great Review! I've been wanting to read this for so long but my TBR pile keeps going and I start Prioritizing and this one keeps going at the bottom and I still haven't read it... D: I can't wait to, though! Glad to know that you enjoyed it!! Can't wait to hear what you though about PoBaW! I personally LOVED it! :)

    ~Fari
    My Recent Post: Book Confession! Series I Will Not Finish @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! That's what happens for me to - for every book I read, I buy 10 more! I read this quite quickly so I definitely recommend it :) It's nothing like his other books which I like as well.
      I feel about Perks like you feel about Will x2 but I'm finally getting round to it! Have you seen the film?

      Delete
  3. I've only read one of John Green's books (the fault in our stars) and I'm excited to read more!

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/blog-tour-becoming-beauty-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first novel I read by him! It was such a good book omg I cried so much :D I read Looking For Alaska afterwards and this is the third book... I want to read them all though aha

      Delete
  4. I don't think this is one I am going to pick up! I enjoyed reading TFiOS and Looking for Alaska, but I didn't love them. I would like to try one of his more happier novels, but I think the grammar thing would bother me too much! Thanks for the review <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/recommended-reads-november-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright! It was a really good novel. Maybe have a look into Let It Snow (perfect for Christmas time) and an Abundance of Katherines. These two are the next ones I'll be picking up from him :)

      Delete

Hello and thank you for commenting! I advise you to tick the box that says 'Notify me' so you will be sent an email when I reply to you! I will do this asap.
If you have any further questions don't hesitate to send me an email!